Transport Security Expo 2014
Transport Security Expo Olympia 2-3 December 2014
Pinnacle Response Ltd will be showcasing the PR5 body worn video camera at the Transport Security Expo in Olympia from the 2nd December. A full team will be on hand to showcase our hardware, answer questions and book free trials.
With vast experience within the security and enforcement sectors, Pinnacle have focused exclusively on body camera technology since 2007 and are considered UK specialists. Their cameras and expertise are preferred by a number of police forces and both public and private security and enforcement agencies. Pinnacle drew on their experience and close client relationships to design and develop their flagship camera the PR5, which was launched in 2013. The PR5 was quickly recognised as the most intuitive option on the market and lauded for it's ease of use and quality of capture. Pinnacle is a hardware manufacturer and has produced a product that is user friendly and scalable across a range of platforms.
Body Camera Innovation
The PR5 was designed after intense consultation with end-users across a broad spectrum of applications. As the Home Office and the private sector work to define standards in an as yet uncodified industry the PR5 holds it own. Quality of footage, particularly low light capture was a key intent and the camera generates the best available in the industry. Ease of use is pivotal to the design. The camera is activated by a single-swipe gesture; pull the lens cover down to record, swipe it closed to stop and the file is securely written to the non-removable internal SD card. The unit is ruggedised, tamperproof, splash-safe and ships with an interchangeable spring-clip or selection of police docks that allow the user to angle the camera intuitively towards the action. The optimised audio capture, 120 degree viewing angle and 5 hour battery life have defined industry standards.
The PR5 is of particular interest to the transport industry due to the back-end flexibility. Although encoding is possible, users are not restricted by a proscriptive mandatory software package that limits distribution and dictates how long all footage must be retained for. This can be 30 days with alternative solutions. Initial Home Office guidelines recognise that flexibility is critical. Pinnacle Response are aware that there isn't one solution for all sectors so the PR5 package is designed to adapt. With innovative ideas currently in R&D and anticipating market trends, Pinnacle Response are the company to watch for body worn video.
Body worn cameras protect your employees & benefit your organisation
- Protection Supports the lone worker or enforcement officer, promotes confidence and provides a tangible backup in confrontational situations.
- Deterrent Moderates behaviour and encourages compliance through heightened awareness.
- De-escalation Verbal articulation that recording has commenced often prompts modified behaviour by both parties and de-escalates a situation.
- Safety Creates peace of mind and reduces verbal and physical attacks on workers.
- Transparency Contributes significantly to the drive for transparency and accountability in the public arena.
- Accuracy Provides verifiable audio/video reporting including an overview of the scene, time-stamp, verbal exchanges, sequence of events and valuable first-account witness statements.
- Time-saving Minimises lengthy descriptive reports and paperwork.
- Evidence Footage from body worn video devices is admissible throughout the judicial chain.
- Judicial Efficiency Accelerates the judicial process, by speeding up prosecutions and encouraging early guilty pleas.
- Reduces Complaints Members of the public are less likely to make spurious complaints against workers.
- Reduces Absenteeism All the above improve worker working conditions and promote mental well-being in vulnerable staff.
- Loss Prevention The combined benefits of body worn video contribute to efficient workflow and cost-saving.