PR5 Support & Information - Troubleshooting
Please refer to these notes in the first instance as in the majority of instances they have the answer you need. If this doesn't help you please fill out our contact form.
Footage is distorted, there is no audio or it is not visible at all.Make sure 'K Light' is installed on your PC, follow the instructions on the PR5 leaflet.
Camera isn't recording.Ensure the camera is charged.
Ensure the camera storage is not full. if it is, delete footage by connecting to your PC, uploading any footage you wish to retain then deleting everything on the camera.
If you are using the PR5 on a Mac, simply deleting the footage through Finder does not wipe it from the storage even though you can't see it. You need to format the camera through Applications > Utilities > Disc Utility.
If you are still having trouble, reset the camera. Resetting the camera does not delete any footage stored on it. Insert a paperclip (nothing bigger, not a biro for example) into the hole by the USB port underneath the rubber cover on the base.
Camera doesn't connect to PC or has stopped working.Reset the camera. Resetting the camera does not delete any footage stored on it. Insert a paperclip (nothing bigger, not a biro for example) into the hole by the USB port underneath the rubber cover on the base.
The swivelling action is too loose and camera flops, or is tight and angle adjustment is too stiff.Use the screwdriver provided to remove the docks by unscrewing the four small screws found at each corner.
Use the screwdriver to adjust the swivelling action by tighten or loosening the internal screw underneath the dock plate.
Body worn cameras protect your employees & benefit your organisation
- Protection Supports the lone worker or enforcement officer, promotes confidence and provides a tangible backup in confrontational situations.
- Deterrent Moderates behaviour and encourages compliance through heightened awareness.
- De-escalation Verbal articulation that recording has commenced often prompts modified behaviour by both parties and de-escalates a situation.
- Safety Creates peace of mind and reduces verbal and physical attacks on workers.
- Transparency Contributes significantly to the drive for transparency and accountability in the public arena.
- Accuracy Provides verifiable audio/video reporting including an overview of the scene, time-stamp, verbal exchanges, sequence of events and valuable first-account witness statements.
- Time-saving Minimises lengthy descriptive reports and paperwork.
- Evidence Footage from body-worn video devices is admissible throughout the judicial chain.
- Judicial Efficiency Accelerates the judicial process, by speeding up prosecutions and encouraging early guilty pleas.
- Reduces Complaints Members of the public are less likely to make spurious complaints against workers.
- Reduces Absenteeism All the above improve worker working conditions and promote mental well-being in vulnerable staff.
- Loss Prevention The combined benefits of body-worn video contribute to efficient workflow and cost-saving.