Denbighshire Council Choose The PR5
Cameras Have Security & Evidential Benefits
The PR5 was selected for the trial by Denbighshire council who hope the camera will make the jobs of parking officers easier. The use of the technology in on the increase in civil enforcement sectors and body cameras are proven to have a modifying effect on potentially fractious encounters.
Although parking infringements have been in the decline over recent years due to greater public awareness and compliance, inspectors can still face abuse on their beat and indeed accusations can be made about their own conduct that can be difficult to counter in the absence of witnesses or video evidence.
A report issued by the council prior to the roll-out stated “It is intended to introduce the wearing of body cameras as standard practice amongst all civil enforcement officers. The cameras will have obvious security benefits but will also help provide vital evidence in instances where the officer is alleged to have been rude or discourteous.”
'Best Camera For Job'
A Denbighshire Council spokeswoman said: “We take any allegation of officers being rude or discourteous very seriously. We also treat the safety and security of our staff with equal importance. We are therefore considering the use of body cameras for personal security and independent evidence to support or challenge any issues relating to service quality and customer care.”
The roll-out is now in force and Pinnacle are pleased with the council's evaluation that the PR5 was the best camera for the job.
Body worn cameras protect your employees & benefit your organisation
- Protection Supports the lone worker or enforcement officer, promotes confidence and provides a tangible backup in confrontational situations.
- Deterrent Moderates behaviour and encourages compliance through heightened awareness.
- De-escalation Verbal articulation that recording has commenced often prompts modified behaviour by both parties and de-escalates a situation.
- Safety Creates peace of mind and reduces verbal and physical attacks on workers.
- Transparency Contributes significantly to the drive for transparency and accountability in the public arena.
- Accuracy Provides verifiable audio/video reporting including an overview of the scene, time-stamp, verbal exchanges, sequence of events and valuable first-account witness statements.
- Time-saving Minimises lengthy descriptive reports and paperwork.
- Evidence Footage from body worn video devices is admissible throughout the judicial chain.
- Judicial Efficiency Accelerates the judicial process, by speeding up prosecutions and encouraging early guilty pleas.
- Reduces Complaints Members of the public are less likely to make spurious complaints against workers.
- Reduces Absenteeism All the above improve worker working conditions and promote mental well-being in vulnerable staff.
- Loss Prevention The combined benefits of body worn video contribute to efficient workflow and cost-saving.