Body Cams Beat CCTV for Accuracy
Accuracy of body camera footage overrides view of scene from CCTV cameras in the testimonial from the security team at The Pavements Chesterfield Shopping Centre.
How would you describe the quality of the PR5 body-camera in terms of design, robustness, ease of use and audio/video output?
“The PR5 body camera is extremely easy to use, just a flick of a switch and the camera is working and the clarity of the audio and video is excellent. The playback is far superior to our CCTV system.”
How has the PR5 had an impact on your organisation or operations in terms of protection, efficiency or cost-saving?
“The PR5 body cameras are used by our Security Officers and are incident driven. There have been a few incidents that would have turned into long drawn-out and costly situations based on allegations from customers that were unjustified and/or untrue.
There was also a recent incident with an security officer where from the viewpoint of our CCTV cameras stationed above the incident, it appeared that the security officer grabbed the individual. However when viewed from the angle of the PR5 it can be clearly seen that it is very much the other way around. (The PR5 camera footage proves that) the security officers actions were in reasonable defence to protect himself and a female who was close by.
If the only footage available had been from our CCTV camera footage it is very possible the officer would have been in a serious disciplinary situation. In addition, they are a very good training tool.”
How has the presence of the camera affected the way the public respond to your frontline staff?
“There are some members of the public who have been suspicious and ask questions like “am I on CCTV” and “why are you wearing that”. In other cases it does act as a deterrent and prevents offenders getting too verbally aggressive. ”
How would you describe the service and support you received from the Pinnacle team?
“Pinnacle offer excellent customer service and are prompt and efficient when there is an issue. It is a pleasure to do business with them and I would recommend the company to anyone considering purchasing this equipment.”
Kindly provided by
The Pavements Shopping Centre
Body worn cameras protect your employees & benefit your organisation
- Protection Supports the lone worker or enforcement officer, promotes confidence and provides a tangible backup in confrontational situations.
- Deterrent Moderates behaviour and encourages compliance through heightened awareness.
- De-escalation Verbal articulation that recording has commenced often prompts modified behaviour by both parties and de-escalates a situation.
- Safety Creates peace of mind and reduces verbal and physical attacks on workers.
- Transparency Contributes significantly to the drive for transparency and accountability in the public arena.
- Accuracy Provides verifiable audio/video reporting including an overview of the scene, time-stamp, verbal exchanges, sequence of events and valuable first-account witness statements.
- Time-saving Minimises lengthy descriptive reports and paperwork.
- Evidence Footage from body worn video devices is admissible throughout the judicial chain.
- Judicial Efficiency Accelerates the judicial process, by speeding up prosecutions and encouraging early guilty pleas.
- Reduces Complaints Members of the public are less likely to make spurious complaints against workers.
- Reduces Absenteeism All the above improve worker working conditions and promote mental well-being in vulnerable staff.
- Loss Prevention The combined benefits of body worn video contribute to efficient workflow and cost-saving.