Belfast International Airport Police get PR6 body worn cameras
As a world leading manufacturer of quality body worn video cameras, Pinnacle Response are delighted to have provided our latest technology to Belfast International Airport Police.
Airport Station Sergeant, Lynn McLaughlin said: "Body worn video has proven its worth elsewhere and after assessing the system, we had no hesitation in adding it to our standard issue kit. They give added protection to our men and women who sometimes have to deal with challenging situations."
It is hoped the highly visible camera units will serve as a deterrent, record images during an incident and also reduce the likelihood of ill-founded complaints against officers.
Belfast International Airport Managing Director, Graham Keddie , added: “A large part of what our officers do is head off disruption or trouble before it becomes an issue. Body-worn cameras will greatly assist in that task. They are a distinct and valuable addition to the range of equipment at the disposal of our officers.”
Pinnacle Response is proud to continue to fully support our airport Police and Security professionals.
Body worn cameras protect your employees & benefit your organisation
- Protection Supports the lone worker or enforcement officer, promotes confidence and provides a tangible backup in confrontational situations.
- Deterrent Moderates behaviour and encourages compliance through heightened awareness.
- De-escalation Verbal articulation that recording has commenced often prompts modified behaviour by both parties and de-escalates a situation.
- Safety Creates peace of mind and reduces verbal and physical attacks on workers.
- Transparency Contributes significantly to the drive for transparency and accountability in the public arena.
- Accuracy Provides verifiable audio/video reporting including an overview of the scene, time-stamp, verbal exchanges, sequence of events and valuable first-account witness statements.
- Time-saving Minimises lengthy descriptive reports and paperwork.
- Evidence Footage from body worn video devices is admissible throughout the judicial chain.
- Judicial Efficiency Accelerates the judicial process, by speeding up prosecutions and encouraging early guilty pleas.
- Reduces Complaints Members of the public are less likely to make spurious complaints against workers.
- Reduces Absenteeism All the above improve worker working conditions and promote mental well-being in vulnerable staff.
- Loss Prevention The combined benefits of body worn video contribute to efficient workflow and cost-saving.