Passenger numbers on trains, buses and private hire services are growing every year along with calls for greater transparency and public accountability. The use of body worn video technology is on the increase across the vast transport network in response to these calls.
Body worn video technology is being put to good use in three specific ways;
1.) Customer complaint handling using video footage is being used instead of online complaint forms to create reporting efficiencies right across the transport network.
2.) Courier and delivery personnel are using body worn video technology for quality assurance purposes as proof of delivery with signatures being captured by camera.
3.) As an effective deterrent against ticket fraud and anti social behaviour.
Our customers include Network Rail, First Group, Grand Central, Translink and private hire firm Addison Lee.Back
- Protection Supports the lone worker or enforcement officer, promotes confidence and provides a tangible backup in confrontational situations.
- Deterrent Moderates behaviour and encourages compliance through heightened awareness.
- De-escalation Verbal articulation that recording has commenced often prompts modified behaviour by both parties and de-escalates a situation.
- Safety Creates peace of mind and reduces verbal and physical attacks on workers.
- Transparency Contributes significantly to the drive for transparency and accountability in the public arena.
- Accuracy Provides verifiable audio/video reporting including an overview of the scene, time-stamp, verbal exchanges, sequence of events and valuable first-account witness statements.
- Time-saving Minimises lengthy descriptive reports and paperwork.
- Evidence Footage from body-worn video devices is admissible throughout the judicial chain.
- Judicial Efficiency Accelerates the judicial process, by speeding up prosecutions and encouraging early guilty pleas.
- Reduces Complaints Members of the public are less likely to make spurious complaints against workers.
- Reduces Absenteeism All the above improve worker working conditions and promote mental well-being in vulnerable staff.
- Loss Prevention The combined benefits of body-worn video contribute to efficient workflow and cost-saving.