Retail and Leisure
The retail and leisure sector is one of the fastest growing sectors for body worn video technology. This sector includes everything from multi-national grocery and general merchandise retailers to sports arenas, football clubs, night clubs and luxury goods manufacturers.
The benefits to the industry of using body worn video technology include deterring anti-social behaviour, all aspects of loss prevention, staff safety and reducing incidents of aggressive behaviour towards staff by the general public, fulfilling employers duty of care towards employees well being and safety.
Pinnacle Response customers in this sector include luxury yacht manufacturer Sunseeker, Ipswich Town Football Club, Iceland Foods, Intu Retail Group and pub chain Wetherspoons.Back
- Protection Supports the lone worker or enforcement officer, promotes confidence and provides a tangible backup in confrontational situations.
- Deterrent Moderates behaviour and encourages compliance through heightened awareness.
- De-escalation Verbal articulation that recording has commenced often prompts modified behaviour by both parties and de-escalates a situation.
- Safety Creates peace of mind and reduces verbal and physical attacks on workers.
- Transparency Contributes significantly to the drive for transparency and accountability in the public arena.
- Accuracy Provides verifiable audio/video reporting including an overview of the scene, time-stamp, verbal exchanges, sequence of events and valuable first-account witness statements.
- Time-saving Minimises lengthy descriptive reports and paperwork.
- Evidence Footage from body-worn video devices is admissible throughout the judicial chain.
- Judicial Efficiency Accelerates the judicial process, by speeding up prosecutions and encouraging early guilty pleas.
- Reduces Complaints Members of the public are less likely to make spurious complaints against workers.
- Reduces Absenteeism All the above improve worker working conditions and promote mental well-being in vulnerable staff.
- Loss Prevention The combined benefits of body-worn video contribute to efficient workflow and cost-saving.