PR6 body worn cameras deployed across the NI Railways Network
Our latest PR6 body worn camera and Digital Evidence Management System (D.E.M.S) has been deployed by Translink across the NI Railways Network. With the rise in anti-social behaviour, our PR6 and D.E.M.S solution was key to provide peace of mind to staff and deter unacceptable behaviour.
“We have examined industry-wide best practice on the use of body cameras, whose aim is to deter anti-social or unacceptable behaviour on our trains or at our stations. We have a zero-tolerance approach to any anti-social behaviour and these cameras would act as an evidence gathering mechanism in the event of such behaviour”.
- Veronica McKinney, Assistant Rail Service Delivery manager
We are pleased to support Translink in their campaign to promote transparency and moderate behaviour on the rail network. Translink is just one of many rail networks turning to our PR6 and D.E.M.S solution to help promote employee safety with personal issue body worn cameras.
Body worn cameras protect your employees & benefit your organisation
- Protection Supports the lone worker or enforcement officer, promotes confidence and provides a tangible backup in confrontational situations.
- Deterrent Moderates behaviour and encourages compliance through heightened awareness.
- De-escalation Verbal articulation that recording has commenced often prompts modified behaviour by both parties and de-escalates a situation.
- Safety Creates peace of mind and reduces verbal and physical attacks on workers.
- Transparency Contributes significantly to the drive for transparency and accountability in the public arena.
- Accuracy Provides verifiable audio/video reporting including an overview of the scene, time-stamp, verbal exchanges, sequence of events and valuable first-account witness statements.
- Time-saving Minimises lengthy descriptive reports and paperwork.
- Evidence Footage from body worn video devices is admissible throughout the judicial chain.
- Judicial Efficiency Accelerates the judicial process, by speeding up prosecutions and encouraging early guilty pleas.
- Reduces Complaints Members of the public are less likely to make spurious complaints against workers.
- Reduces Absenteeism All the above improve worker working conditions and promote mental well-being in vulnerable staff.
- Loss Prevention The combined benefits of body worn video contribute to efficient workflow and cost-saving.