Local Authorities & Councils
Local UK authorities and councils are finding more and more uses for body worn video technology as the emphasis shifts towards staff safety, greater accountability and local community engagement.
Officers and Wardens from a wide range of sectors are now wearing body worn cameras in the majority of local authority and council areas across the UK. The latest technology is now deployed for waste management sites, areas where anti-social behaviour is witnessed and as part of local community based safety initiatives.
Pinnacle Response works with a growing number of local authorities and councils across the U.K. including Dover, Causeway Coast and Glens, City of Edinburgh, Caerphilly and the London Boroughs of Tower Hamlets, Harrow , Enfield and Hounslow.Back
- Protection Supports the lone worker or enforcement officer, promotes confidence and provides a tangible backup in confrontational situations.
- Deterrent Moderates behaviour and encourages compliance through heightened awareness.
- De-escalation Verbal articulation that recording has commenced often prompts modified behaviour by both parties and de-escalates a situation.
- Safety Creates peace of mind and reduces verbal and physical attacks on workers.
- Transparency Contributes significantly to the drive for transparency and accountability in the public arena.
- Accuracy Provides verifiable audio/video reporting including an overview of the scene, time-stamp, verbal exchanges, sequence of events and valuable first-account witness statements.
- Time-saving Minimises lengthy descriptive reports and paperwork.
- Evidence Footage from body-worn video devices is admissible throughout the judicial chain.
- Judicial Efficiency Accelerates the judicial process, by speeding up prosecutions and encouraging early guilty pleas.
- Reduces Complaints Members of the public are less likely to make spurious complaints against workers.
- Reduces Absenteeism All the above improve worker working conditions and promote mental well-being in vulnerable staff.
- Loss Prevention The combined benefits of body-worn video contribute to efficient workflow and cost-saving.